Hand therapyHand Therapists have a physiotherapy or occupational therapy degree with extra intensive ongoing training and knowledge in the management of hand injuries. Symmetry Physiotherapy works in partnership with Melbourne Hand Rehab to offer you an excellent service in hand therapy.
Melbourne Hand Rehab's professional practice is dedicated entirely to the management of conditions relating to the hand, wrist and elbow.
At Melbourne Hand Rehab, we understand the importance of the hand in everyday life. We see people from all walks of life with all different kinds of hand injuries.
Some of the conditions that we can help you with include:
- Work Injuries
- Thumb or Hand Arthritis
- Sports Injuries
- Post-surgical Management
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervains tenosynovitis
- Trigger finger and thumb
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Burns and Scars
- Wrist and Hand Tendonitis
- Road Trauma
After a thorough assessment of your injury, the types of treatments hand therapists may use include:
- Custom made splinting, waterproof casting and fracture bracing
- Massage and hands on therapy techniques
- Exercises for stretching and strengthening
- Work place liaison and return to work planning
Melbourne Hand Rehab hand therapists will help you to get back to the activities, sport, instrument or work that you love.
"We perform at our best so that you can perform at yours"
Melbourne Hand Rehab operates from four different sites, including Symmetry Physiotherapy in Hoppers Crossing.
For further information please visit the Melbourne Hand Rehab website.