Hydrotherapy is a water based exercise program, run by physiotherapists, to aid in the rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries.
Hydrotherapy uses the buoyancy properties of water, along with the therapeutic effect of heat, to provide a comfortable yet challenging environment to exercise in.
Hydrotherapy can assist in the management of all musculoskeletal problems, but is especially helpful for:
- Back and neck pain
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- Rehabilitation following joint replacement
- Arthritic conditions
- Workplace injury rehabilitation
- Motor vehicle accident rehabilitation
- Improving general fitness